- Start FanTestic or FanTestic Integrity.
- Click the "Settings" menu item and then click "Enter license details".
- In the Settings window that opens, click on the [Install License Key] button to show the license key text box.
- From the email you received, drag the attached LicenseKey.txt file and drop it onto the license key text box that is open in FanTestic/Integrity. The license key entry section will close.
- You can tell if your license key is installed when your company name appears in the top of this window, along with your expiry date.
- Choose a Standard to use.
- Click "OK" to exit and a new test with the chosen standard will open.
If this is the Error you are seeing:
"Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance."
Click on the "Details" button to get more information. In the summary, you will see:
ERROR SUMMARY: "+ Your Web browser settings do not allow you to run signed applications."
This error summary indicates that there are security settings in your web browser that are preventing the application from being able to download.
Some people have had success by adding http://retrotec.com to their "Trusted Sites" in the Tools>>Internet Options>>Security settings window in Internet Explorer:
How to set the Internet Exploror Tools>>Internet Options>>Security>>Trusted Sites>> Sites
If you previously had to use the "ADMIN" shortcut to allow FanTestic to find your DM-2 then you need to make sure that the previous version of FanTestic and all shortcuts to it are removed from your computer.
Uninstall FanTestic completely from your computer using the Control Panel (choose the Remove from computer option, not the Revert to a previous version option if you are presented with a choice). Uninstalling FanTestic will NOT uninstall the DM-2 USB driver. You should still be able to see the Driver listed as installed in your Control Panel after you restart the computer.
Delete all FanTestic shortcuts on your desktop, including the one labeled ADMIN if it is present.
Restart your computer.
Install the latest version of FanTestic from the website.
Follow the procedure as outlined in the document "Solve DM-2 Access Denied
In order to do both, you need to be sure you have version 5.8.30 of FanTestic or later.
In all versions of FanTestic before version 5.8.30, if you plugged a DM32 into a computer USB to give it power (instead of plugging into the wall adapter) FanTestic would assume you also wanted to use USB Serial connection for control. FanTestic made this assumption even if the gauge was also connected to the computer over Ethernet (via the Network cable or via WiFi).
In all versions starting with 5.8.30, FanTestic discovers gauges connected via Ethernet first, so it can ignore the same gauge also found on USB Serial.
This change allows users to have their DM32 connected for control via Ethernet but also connect the DM32 to the computer USB port for power (if it is more convenient than connecting to a wall outlet). Retrotec recommends that users use Ethernet connection rather than USB for controlling th